||Last Updated: 2 Apr 2018 - 10:19:47 PM
Cycling Ireland (CI) are looking to recruit a new Anti-Doping Officer.
CYCLING IRELAND ANTI-DOPING OFFICER ROLE (VOLUNTARY)
By Cycling Ireland
21 Mar 2018,
Email this article
Cycling Ireland’s policy is that doping is contrary to the spirit of sport and every member has a duty to ensure that the sport is free of doping.
Membership of CI means that all athletes may be selected for testing. Your membership of CI commits you to agreeing to be tested. In the case of a minor (U/18) the prior written consent of the parent or guardian is required via the initial membership process at Club level, or at selection for competition/training squads or through competition entry forms. Every member of CI, in particular those who compete, must become familiar with Sport Ireland and WADA policies on anti-doping.
Clubs play an important role in raising awareness for anti-doping. Club management is responsible for promoting an ethos of drug free sport within their club at all levels.
Volunteer Title: Cycling Ireland Anti-Doping Officer
Reports to: Cycling Ireland CEO
Cycling Ireland (CI) is the National Governing Body for the sport of Cycling in Ireland and is responsible for the management and overall development of all areas of the sport, throughout the island.
The Anti-Doping officer is the primary liaison person between the Anti-Doping Unit of the Sport Ireland and CI. CI plays a pivotal role in ensuring our membership are informed and educated about anti-doping rules and ensuring that all athletes and athlete support personnel participate in an environment that is drug-free and promotes the spirit of sport. The Anti-Doping Officer will be proactive in carrying out this role.
· Pay attention to ensuring that Registered Testing Pool athletes are assisted in being compliant with anti-doping requirements – whereabouts and TUE requirements, both for Sport Ireland and the relevant International Federation.
· Arrange for the distribution of competition tests across CI events calendar
· Co-ordinate the distribution of negative test results to CI members
· Ensure that the Board and Executives understand any obligations with regards to anti-doping requirements.
· Be proactive in obtaining and distributing information to, and developing an education strategy for, athletes, officials, and coaches.
· Be informed on the rules and regulations concerning anti-doping, both for the Irish Anti-Doping Programme and at International Federation level and other international competitions and events and ensure membership is compliant.
· Complete the Sport Ireland e-learning Education Programme
· Complete Sport Ireland’s Anti-Doping Mid-Year and Core Grant Compliance reports.
· Deliver an Anti-Doping Report for CI AGM
· Work with other relevant officials/employees/members within the organisation to integrate anti-doping in other processes such as high performance, officials, PR & Communications, coach development, officers etc.
· Facilitating workshops or other education initiatives for athletes and their support personnel, particularly those moving through national squad type programmes.
· Represent the NGB at information meetings or workshops and disseminate information back to the CI Board and Executives
· On request, provide a calendar of national squad training to Sport Ireland
· On request, assist Sport Ireland to set up testing at Events
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Proven ability to process and store sensitive information.
Goal focused, ability to produce activity reports.
Ability to work with a team of staff & volunteers.
Ability to keep up to date with current Anti-Doping practices
This is a voluntary position with mileage and expenses paid. It is expected that on average, 3-4 hours per month work will be involved. The successful candidate will receive administrative support where required from CI Staff.
Applying for the Position: Potential applicants are requested to apply by email only to the CEO of CI (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please outline your reasons for the interest in this role and any experience you feel may be relevant to this position. Closing date for receipt of applications is by April 9th.
[ Visit Website ]